Saturday 20 December 2014

12 Blogs of Christmas : Day 7 - Sweater Weather Tag

I've seen a lot of people doing this tag not only on YouTube but on their blogs too. I'm trying to get myself more in the winter & Christmas spirit and I thought this tag would do just that, so here we go. 

1. Favourite candle scent? 
I love vanilla scented candles and burn them all year round. I love really sweet scents but in the winter particularly around Christmas I like to change it up a bit and I'll burn some type of cinnamon scented candles. IKEA have a great selection of scented candles, they're cheat and cheerful and possibly my favourite place to get candles.

2. Tea, coffee or hot chocolate? 
I am definitely a coffee kinda girl! My favourite type of coffee to get is a caramel latte, especially from Starbucks #typicalwhitegirl hahaha.

3. What's the best fall memory you have? 
This is a hella long time ago but when I was around 9 or 10 we had our first "real snow" that I remember in Ireland. Like I mean schools, roads and even shops closed for nearly 2 weeks! At the time my dad was the caretaker of my primary school and he had the keys to the school grounds. Me, my dad & my two older brother all got to go over the the school and make proper snowman, snow angels and we had a massive snowball fight. Then we headed home changed into cosy pyjamas and our mam had the fire going in the sitting room & a stew on for dinner. It was the perfect winters day in my opinion. 

4. Which makeup trend do you prefer : dark lips or winged liner? 
Can I cheat & pick both? Bold lips and winged liner are my ultimate makeup look but if I absolutely pick one I'd go with dark lips. Recently I've been trying the no liner/blown out shadow look and I find it goes really well with a bold lip. 

5. Best fragrance for fall? 
I generally don't change up my perfumes because I find it hard to find perfumes I really like so when I found one or two I like I tend to stick between them. As I mentioned before I love sweet/floral scents. At the minute my top perfumes would be Rihanna Nude & Ralph Lauren No.3, both sweet smelling definitely not your average autumn/winter scents.

6. Must have fall nail polish? 
Hands down any wine/burgundy colour is my go-to for not only autumn & winter but all year round. My favourite nail polishes are the BarryM ones, I love everything from the formulation to the colour payoff. They retail at only €5 each and are my nail polishes EVER... Especially the matte shades! Surprise surprise! 

7. Skinny jeans or leggings? 
Ooooh this is a toughie! I easily have 20 pairs of black leggings and I find them so easy to just throw on with a baggy jumper, a scarf and some comfy boots. However a good pair of skinnys can be so versatile. They're also so easy to throw on with a jumper, scarf & boots but you can also dress them up for colder nights out, so I think it's going to have to be skinny jeans for the win! 

8. Boots or uggs? 
Boots! Definitely boots! I hate such a love hate relationship with uggs, they are so good for pottering around the house and staying toasty or running out into the garden or even just a quick trip to the local shop but get caught in the rain and you are royally screwed! Let's face it, getting caught in the rain in Ireland is practically part ou everyone's daily routine. Nothing beats a nice pair of black boots for the winter.

9. Is pumpkin spice worth the hype? 
Definitely! I sound like an anti-girlo but I absolutely hate pumpkin spice, don't like it, never have, never will. Dramatic much but I just don't understand the craze? 

10. What is fall weather like where you live? 
Well here in Ireland the weather is pretty much the same all year round... Crap! We basically have all four seasons in one day and you can nearly guarantee rain! It's not as depressing as it sounds I swear! 

Until next time guys, Alison x 

No comments:

Post a Comment