Wednesday 17 December 2014

12 Blogs of Christmas : Day 5 - My Top 10 Makeup Brushes


1. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge : Normally I hate makeup sponges but this one is different. It's an affordable dupe for the Beauty Blender. Use the flat edge for patting the product and blending under the eyes, use the rounded side for flawless coverage all over the face and use the pointed end for contouring or for covering blemishes. You can get Real Techniques in Boots, this sponge retails for €5.89. (Mine is so dirty I couldn't bare to put a picture of my own in) 

2. Blank Canvas F15 tapered brush : I use this brush for under eye powder or highlighting my cheeks. The tapered point on this brush makes it perfect for getting in under the eye area  the turning it on it's side to highlight the tops on my cheeks. Due to it's shape it's also perfect of contouring. It retails for 13.99 find it here http://www.blankcanvascosmetics.com/products/f15-small-contour-highlight-black-bristles.html 

3. Nars Ita Kabuki brush : This is my ultimate brush for contouring and carving out those cheek bones. It was pricey at €42 but when I bought it there was nothing like it on the market. A new brush has similar to this has come into my life recently and I'll have a blog up on the comparison so keep your eyes peeled for that but this brush is still my favourite. 

4. Real Techniques Powder Brush : This is the perfect brush for all over face powder because of the pure size of the brush. The hair on the brush is fluffy and soft and makes powdering your entire face so quick and easy. It retails for 13.50 in Boots and on cloud10beauty.com find it here http://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/real-techniques/real-techniques-powder-brush.html#.VJH8udb46K0

5. Crown Brush C405 Angled Contour Blush : As the name suggests it's perfect for contouring or blush. It angled hairs make it easy to carve out your cheekbones on get that contoured look. However I prefer to use it for blush, it applies beautifully and product doesn't build up in the hairs. This brush retails for €10.40 from the Crown Brush website http://www.crownbrush.ie/brushes/brushes-type/powder-blusher-brush/c405-contour-blush.html

6. Crown Brush C158 Angled Liner/Spoolie : This is my go-to brush for my brows, 2 in 1 makes it perfect travelling or just in general to have. The spoolie helps tame your brows and the liner is the perfect size to get the crisp 'Instagram brow' that we all want so bad. If that wasn't enough to convince you to buy it, the price definitely will at just €3.63 here on http://www.crownbrush.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=C158

7. Sigma E35 Tapered Blender : This is my ultimate eyeshadow brush! If I could only have/use one eyeshadow brush this would definitely be it. I genuinely don't know what I done before this brush. You can pack on colour as well as blend it out beautifully with this brush. You can get this for just €13.50 from sigmabeauty.com but I prefer to use cloud10beauty find it here http://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/sigma-beauty/sigma-tapered-blending-e35.html#.VJIH35D46K0

8. Royal & Langnickle Pro Tapered Blender 150 : This is my favourite brush for blending out harsh lines and blowing out eyeshadow gradually. I got this brush at the Pro Beauty Ireland in the RDS last year for just €5. I couldn't find a link for this one but Royal & Langnickle are at Pro Beauty & the Professional Beauty Show both in the RDS every year. 

9. Crown Brush C462 Shader : This brush is great for applying and blending eyeshadow on the lash line particularly the bottom lashes. It's even useful when trying a dramatic cut crease. Again another steal from Crown Brush for just €4.50 find it here http://www.crownbrush.ie/c462-infinity-chisel-shader.html

10. AYU Pro Blender Brush : So this brush comes from a relatively new Irish company. I only have 2 brushes but I love them both particularly this flat blending brush. It packs on colour brilliantly and I think it's a perfect dupe for the MAC 217 for a fraction of the cost at just €4.50 linked here of course http://www.ayumakeup.ie/products/brushes/ayu-pro-blender-200/ Check out the rest of the website for amazing brush sets for a range of affordable prices. 

Until next time guys, Alison x 

No comments:

Post a Comment