Friday 3 July 2015

P.S. Love Foundation Stick & Glow Stick Highlighter First Impressions

The entire P.S. Love range from Primark has been raved about and these new additions have been no different. I love the packaging of the foundation sticks. Sleek and simple black packaging with gold detail and clear lids. For just €3 you get a lot of product. The Highlighting Stick was just €3.50. 


Below are swatches of the products. Top to bottom, Foundation Stick in Natural, Foundation Stick in Ivory and finally the Glow Stick Highlighter. These foundation sticks are extremely creamy and blendable. This foundation is a full coverage product. The foundation sticks have a slight smell of coconut. A little goes a long way when applying and I would suggest setting your makeup with a powder to avoid smudging or sliding due to the creamy texture. The highlighter is a nice neutral highlighting shade with little flecs of gold which can be seen best when sunlight hits it.


I started off by applying the Natural shade below my cheek bones, along my hair line and down both sides of my nose. Then I took my damp beauty blender and slightly buffed the product into my skin. Next I took the lighter, Ivory shade, and placed it under my eyes, along my jaw, across my forehead, down the centre of my nose, above my lip and on my chin. Again I took my damp beauty blender and buffed out the lighter product, concentrating on areas where the light and darker shade meet to avoid any harsh lines. Finally I applied the highlighter by dabbing it in with my index finger onto the high points of my face.


As you can see from the swatches neither shades match my skin colour but from the images above when blended out they seem to be a much better match. So far I have had my makeup on for about 10 hours. I am not used to wearing products that are this full coverage and generally wouldn't opt for cream foundations, so my face feels a little caked. After about 7-8 hours my skin began to look shiny around my nose and forehead and it had begun to go patchy around my nose, chin and jaw. All in all I'm not a huge fan of these foundation sticks, I don't feel like they suited my skin type. I think they would suit a drier complexion much better. My highlighter lasted the entire day, gave my face a nice natural glow and I will definitely be reaching for this product again.

Has anyone else tried these products? What are your thoughts? 

Love, A
X





No comments:

Post a Comment