Wednesday 29 July 2015

My Top 5 Highlighters!

Who doesn't look a good highlight? Personally I can tend to go a bit ham with the aul highlighter but with products like these I just want to be covered in them! I have an entire drawer full of highlighter but picking my top 5 was so easy because these are the ones I would reach for on a regular basis. I have chosen 4 powder products and 1 liquid product with a mix of drugstore and high end brands. 

No matter what highlighting product I use I always put t in the same places. Starting of with the cheekbones of course, next the bridge of the nose, Cupid's bow & finally Just a little bit across the forehead and above the eyebrows. 



1. MAC Soft & Gentle - This is such a holy grail product for almost every Makeup Artist/Blogger/YouTuber, and rightly so. This is hands down my favourite product to highlight with. A little really does go a long way. It has a gorgeous shimmery pink finish with small pieces of glitter in with which really reflect the light. Whenever I wear this I am guarenteed to be asked what highlight I am wearing, the proof is in the pudding & everyone loves it!  

2. MUA Makeup Academy Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter - This is another pink based highlighter, extremely pigments and smooth with no chunks of glitter. This also comes in a white shade.  It takes a couple of swipes to see the product on the skin but it builds up nicely. 

3. Wet n a Wild Coloricon Bronzer Reverse Your Cabana - This is a bronzer as the name suggests but definitely not your average bronzer shade, not even for extremely pale skin! Not all bronzers are matte, most actually have shimmer like this one, making it a good option for highlighting. I like to use this to transform a matte finish foundation to give it a dewy finish. You get the staying power of a matte foundation but the finish of a dewy one. This product can also be built up in areas to give a more highlighted look. 

4. e.l.f Baked Highlighter Moonlight Pearl - This is the one and only shimmery white coloured products out of my top picks. It is also the cheapest out of all my picks. This is gorgeous on pale skin with a slight pink undertone as it doesn't add any colour just shimmery reflects. This product is a baked highlighter so it can be applied with a brush sprayed with a setting spray to intensity the pigment and shimmer. 


5. Benefit High Beam - This is the only liquid highlighter and the only other high end product. I like to use this when I'm going for a minimal, fresh faced, dewy look. This formulation and pinkey colour gives a more natural look in my opinion. When I use this I dab it on with the brush then blend out by patting it out with my index finger. I do this in sections as it sets quite quickly. I use this directly after my foundation/concealer and powder after, if you apply this on top of powder it can turn quite cakey looking and can even smudge your base. 

 
What is your favourite highlighting product? Have you tried any of the ones I mentioned? 

Love, 
A x



8 comments:

  1. I love highbeam so much. I've yet to use a powder that I really love. I didn't find the MUA one great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High beam is the only liquid one I used, I swear by it! I think MUA products tend to be hit or miss for some people.

      Delete
  2. My go-to is Mary Lou-Minizer from The Balm but I'm a new convert to highlighting! Catrice have a new pen-style one out that's a pinky tone and it's lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get my hands on Mary Lou, I've heard so many fab things about it!

      Delete
  3. I adore my soft and gentle. Can never find the mua one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore MUA products! I get them in Superdrug, if you're on the northside of Dublin the Omni Superdrug normally has a great selection! :)

      Delete
  4. Love high beam, MEMEME have a dupe of it which i love too :D great post! Gonna get the wet'n'wild one too :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really? I'll have to go on the look out for that one! Thanks a mill, hope you like the Wet N Wild one :D x

      Delete