Friday 27 February 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade Review

This is probably one of the most raved about products of 2014 and rightly so. The product comes in a small glass pot with a black plastic lid with the ABH logo in gold on it. The product is creamy and extremely pigmented. A little definitely goes along way so this pot will last a long time. It's also waterproof so it will last throughout the day, rain or shine. 

This is different to any other eyebrow product I've used before I'm more used to gel and powder products but this is more textured and stiff compared to gel so it took me a couple of times to get it just right. I got the colour 'Auburn' although it is slightly too red toned for me I can still make it work. I want to repurchase in a different colour, I think next time I'm going to get 'Soft Brown'.

I use a double ended brush from Crown to do my eyebrows. I start off by combing through the brows. Then I outline under and on top of the brow and extending the tail next I blend out those lines by brushing inwards adding more product where needs be. Finally I brush through again with the comb and set my brows with a clear brow gel. I use Garnier Express 2in1 eye-makeup remover to take off this product as its oil based the makeup literally melts away and it gone is seconds.

When using this product I'd highly recommend a very thin angled brush for the best outcome and sleek, smooth lines. I previously used a thicker brush and the lines it created were thick and smudged, good for blending but not for outlining. I love this Crown C158 angled/spoolie brush, it's the perfect brush for this product (and a hell of a lot cheaper than the ABH version). For more of a sculpted brow or 'Instagram brow' I would clean up the outer lines with concealer and a small flat pointed brush, I tend to do this for special occasions or nights out I personally think it's too much for everyday wear. 

I would definitely recommend this product to everyone looking to perfect their brows. I got mine from BeautyBay.com for just €12.30 and there's free delivery on orders over €14. 

Have you tried the Dipbrow pomade or any other Anastasia Beverly Hills products? 

Until next time guys, Alison x 

No comments:

Post a Comment