Tuesday 16 December 2014

12 Blogs of Christmas : Day 4 - What's In My Bag Night Time Edition

So now that the festive season is upon us, there's going to plenty of nights out. Keeping that in mind you don't want to be lugging a huge bag around with you all night while you're trying to enjoy yourself. So I'm going to show you my handbag essentials for a night out. 

As many people will know my wardrobe colour palette is mostly made up of black with the odd bit of wine or burgundy thrown in. You probably guessed it that my handbags aren't any different. My favourite bag to bring on a night out is actually this black iPad mini case with gold hardware I got on sale from River Island that I like to pretend is a clutch. Truth is no one ever knows it's an iPad case until I tell them that is! I love using this as a clutch for going out, it's a perfect size to fit all my stuff and it's so versatile it goes with pretty much any outfit. 

Here's what I bring with me when going out. Obviously the essentials, my phone for all of the selfies, my house keys so I'm not stranded outside, my favourite River Island purse with all my cards, ID & money but its quiet big so I also keep some other things in there too like bobbins, hair clips and chewing gum, I keep these in the coin pouch so they're easy to find. Sometimes I'll also throw in a back combing brush depending on the hairstyle that night. 

The only other things I take with me on a night are things for touch ups. If I could only bring one makeup item with me it would definitely be these blotting papers from Essence (€3.49), they're perfect for soaking up excess oils or sweat and let's be real, nightclubs can get really hot. Blotting papers and a medium coverage powder are my go to for touch ups, this Inglot AMC powder is my favourite powder to use with my Blank Canvas brush for touch ups. Occasionally if I have any spots I'll throw in a concealer and beauty blender in my bag to make sure those suckers stay hidden. Last but not least I bring with me any lip products I've used, my favourites for a night out are MAC Ruby Woo lipstick and Cherry lipliner for that perfect red lip which is really suited to this party season. Ruby Woo is extremely matte and sometimes drying so I always prep my lips by exfoliating and making sure they're moisturised before applying, I like to bring Vaseline with me when wearing a matte lip and reapplying throughout the night to avoid nasty chapped and flakey lips. 


So that's it for my night out bag blog. What are your handbag essentials for a night out? Comment below. 

Until next time guys, Alison x 



No comments:

Post a Comment