Sunday 30 November 2014

Splurge vs Save!


This is the first of many Splurge vs Save posts. First off I'm starting with the Urban Decay Naked Flushed vs Sleek Face Form Kit. I love face kits like these for travelling or to just have in your handbag. They're handy for so many reasons 1. There are 3 face products all in one compact 2. Both of these products have a decent size mirror and 3. All 3 products can be used as other things like eyeshadow. 

The Urban Decay Naked Flushed which I have in the shade Light retails for €29.00. I like the packaging and I love the fact it has a mirror. One thing annoying me (which is just me being picky) is the way the bronzer, highlighter and blush are broken up, they are all different sizes so it looks a little bit off but that's probably just a little thing for me. I love this bronzer but I'm not crazy about the highlighter and blush. Althought they are nice colours they work a lot better when I am tanned which is a little disappointing considering I bought the shade Light I was expecting it to suit my pale skin.



Sleek Face Form Kit which I have also in the shade light retails for €12.99. As the name suggests the packaging is perfect, it's so sleek and simple. Like the UD palette the Sleek palette has a very decent sized mirror. The pigment of these products are brilliant, they build really well and blend like a dream. Overall I just love this palette, all 3 colours work on my skin and the sleek packaging looks more expensive than it is.




As you can see from the picture below in the pan they are not exact dupes but when swatched they look quite similar. The colour of both products can be built up so I can use these on a normal day to day base but I can also build up to colour to suit my skin when I have tan on. The packaging of both are pretty small however the Sleek palette is slimmer than the Urban Decay. One issue I have with the UD palette is in the highlighter I have found it to be a little chunky when applying. In my opinion, even though I love both and switch between them, I find them so similar purely due to price I would go for the Sleek Face Form Kit. 



Until next time guys, Alison x 





No comments:

Post a Comment