Sunday 18 October 2015

Pro Beauty Ireland Review & Haul

This past weekend Professional Beauty came to the RDS again. I've gone every year for the past 5 years since I've become a qualified Makeup Artist and Nail Tech, yeah that's a long time but this time it was different. This time I attended on a press pass as a blogger. I originally planned to attend on the Sunday but I changed my mind and decided to go on the Monday instead which I was told was a good call! Apparently the Sunday was jammers and the crowds were crazy. The Monday was busy but not overly packed, it was fairly easy to stroll around and window shop as well as actually shopping, of course! 




Generally this show is meant to be for professionals and people in the trade but I was quite surprised to see so many young girls in uniforms on the Monday. There was also an issue with fake Urban Decay being sold, The Beautiful Truth shared this information on her Facebook on Sunday evening after contacting the organisers. If you want to know all the details, check her out on Facebook. When I was there on Monday I didn't see any stands selling fake products, I later found out that these stands were removed before he doors opened on Monday, the organisers handled it well up by removing the stand! There were also lots of stands selling the likes of accessories and jewellery which I feel were pointless and didn't really go with the theme of the show. 

Overall I enjoyed the show but perhaps in the future I would like to see the show being exclusive to professionals and people in the trade, as well as having better quality stands and less irrelevant stands.  

Now onto the most fun bit! 
This year I didn't have that many things on my list, mostly the essentials like eyelashes, tan and backups of my favourite brushes. So I made my way to my top brand stands. For the past couple of years Cocoa Brown by Marissa Carter has been at the show and I wanted to pick up some tanning goodies for the winter months but they weren't there this year which was a little disappointing. 

My first stop was to the Blank Canvas stand where I was actually served by the lovely Sinead from The Makeup Chair. I was delighted to get a signed copy of her book and have a little chat with her, we even took a selfie! Blank Canvas are easily my favourite brush brand because they are such amazing quality while still being extremely affordable. The face brushes were €10 each, the eyeshadow brushes were just €5 each and The Makeup Chair Handbook was just €12, it normally retails at €15... So still a bargain! 


I found out my favourite online site actually had a stand at the show so I had to make sure I went to the Cloud10Beauty! I had my eye on theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter which was just €20 at the show but they were all sold out so I was easily convinced to get the Manizer Sisters trio which was just €25 for all 3 highlighters! Mary-Lou is definitely my favourite but I'm excited to try out the other two. They also had special offers on GlamGlow, Tanya Burr Cosmetics and plenty of other brands. The Cloud10Beauty stand was amazing at the show! 


When I eventually got myself into the Crown Brush stand I was actually a little overwhelmed. There were a vast amount of brushes, all spread areas a large counter space, it was a little hard to make your way around but this just goes to show the reputation Crown Brush have! In the end I only got 3 eye brushes. The fluffy blending brush was just €8 is my favourite blending brush, so much so I already have 3 of them! The other two I got were different types of eyeliner brushes which were both only €3 each. 


My last stop was to Salon Savers where I wanted to stock up on some of my favourite lashes. I picked up 3 pairs of the Ardell Demi Wispies for just €2.99... I'm regretting not getting more at that price! I also got a couple of sets of individual eyelashes on a 3 for 2 deal at €6.99 per pack and to go with this I got a bottle of dark semi permanent eyelash glue which was just €3.99! 


Beside the Salon Savers stand was the Miss Fit Skinny Tea stand where Grace from Faces By Graces had a mini meet up. I was so disappointed when I realised her meet up was over by the time I found the stand. I love Graces blog & Youtube and follow her snapchat religiously and I hope to meet her soon! 

Were you at the Pro Beauty Show? What did you think? 

Love, A x  

No comments:

Post a Comment