Wednesday 10 June 2015

My Tanning Routine featuring my favourite tanning products from CocoaBrown by Marissa Carter.

So with the current Leaving Cert weather it's definitely prime time to get our tan on! For pale skin girls such as myself who don't tan naturally, tan tanning is our friend. I'm going to share my tanning routine using my favourite products. Recently Cocoa Brown has blow up with popularity and rightly so! One of my favourite things about this fake tan is that it has a brown toned guide colour which helps when applying so you can see where you've applied it. Some fake tans have an olive guide colour which is fine if you are already somewhat tan but not for pale skin as it just gives a green tint to the skin. The Ultimate Travel Set retails in Penneys nationwide for an amazing €10! 


Step 1 : Exfoliate. I like to use exfoliating gloves from Penneys (€1.50) & Cocoa Brown Tough Stuff to remove dead skin cells and old tan. This will also help tan apply smoothly and fade more evenly. When showering, I normally wait till the end of my shower to exfoliate as the skin comes off easier when hydrated. Hot water opens pours on the skin and cold water closes pours so when I'm finished exfoliating I turn the water temperature down and run cold water my skin, particularly my legs, to close my pours, to avoid fake tan sinking into open pours. 

Step 2 : Moisturise. Next I like to use Cocoa Brown Chocolate Whip to prep and moisturise dry areas such as wrists, ankles, hands, feet, knees and elbows. This will also help prevent over developing in drier areas. 

Step 3 : Apply. I like to take the Cocoa Brown tanning mitt and pump out some of the Cocoa Brown 1 hour tanning mousse and apply onto my entire body in circular motions blending out evenly. When the tan is fully developed I shower off the excess and move onto the next step.

Step 4 : Maintain. From the day after applying my tan I like to use the Chocolate Whip again daily to keep the skin feeling hydrated, smooth and ensures tan fades evenly. 

Top tip : When showering in between applications without wanting to remove tan, do not use a loofa. I tend to just wash my body with my hands or a soft facecloth. 

I hope everyone is enjoying Sunny Dublin, remember to stay safe & use your SPF! 

Love, 
A x

No comments:

Post a Comment